Saturday, September 22, 2007

Our Church Family

We went on visitation today, and there were so many of us there that it was amazing. Well more like a blessing. We went on our church bus, it was hot, but it was nice for everyone to be together. Afterwards, we went to eat, and it was also very nice to see most of us there. Ms. Kim mentioned how its nice, because we are all like a big family. And it made me think about how we are so much like a family. When something good happens to one of us, every one's excited. When someones sad, we all feel it. We're even like siblings and fuss and argue, even get frustrated with each other sometimes. But through it all, we love each other. Since being in this church, I can honestly say that I now have a heart. Before it was so hard for me to even care about what was going on, and know my heart aches for my fellow church members. Like when Sal wasn't there for our little bbq, he was missed because he knows all about the games we play, and everyone knows he would totally win that game. Or when Eva and Tony don't show up for visitation, you just have to wonder where they're at because they're always there. Or if Janie wouldn't make her famous desserts, its like what happened? And now if Lucy wasn't around, there wouldn't be any pictures taken. If Sharon wasn't there, we probably would run out of food, because she always brings enough to feed an army. If Ms. Kim weren't there, who would play the piano, and paint, and cut the grass, and just put up with all of us. Same goes for Bro. Mark, who would we have to preach, and take the lead and do it decently and in order. Who would take Sals' pit, if my husband weren't there? Who would tell us stories of old, if the Odonalds weren't there. Saragrace wouldn't of gotten her oreos, if Zeke and Sandra weren't there. I mean the list goes on and on, and thank God that it does. Before I would be able to name each and every church member, but now there are so many of us, that it would take about 3 postings to do this. (Who knows, maybe I will later.) And though we're all different, we all bring something good to our little church. So for those of you who might want to give up, or just have had it, don't forget about us. How we all think about each and every one of us, and how we're needed and appreciated in many ways. We're human, and imperfect in every way. But I think that we have so much fun just the way that we are.

7 comments:

Sal said...

speechless.

Anonymous said...

That was good Mrs DeeDee! If I wasn't so sick I probably would have cried! Love ya!

Leah said...

Makes me want to cry! Isn't it wonderful to have church family!

juan said...

Like sal said

Jean Kincaid said...

DeeDee, I think you should write a journal and have it published. You're very prolific. This has the sound of revival in it. Wouldn't that be great? To have the Lord breathe over Grace!!!

Anonymous said...

@DEEDEE..LIKE GRAMMA SAYS.... To have the Lord breathe over Grace!!!

Jean Kincaid said...

Next blog, please. Gotta have my fix.