Monday, September 10, 2007

My Son, the President

My son Mikey is in the sixth grade at Vela Middle School. He has always liked school, and he likes to be involved. This year there isn't any sports, that he knows of, that a sixth grader can participate in, so he decided to join the Student Council. For those of you that don't know, student council is like the government that runs the school, or in his case, runs the sixth grade. Well I just found out that he ran for student council president, and he made it! He's very excited, and can't wait for the after school meetings and activities that they will be having. So pray for the president, he could make a world of difference for his sixth grade class!:)

5 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

WOOOO HOOOO!! Now you can seriously say, "My son is the President." Congratulations to you both!

Jean Kincaid said...

I am so proud of him. He truly does have leadership qualities even at his young age. That says a lot about his parents. You're good people!

Sal said...

woah, that is so cool! cant wait to shake the hand of the president!

cant wait to see his blog about being the prez at the new school.

Adriana Sujey said...

What an honor!!! I used to be in student council. It is really neat! Although I don't know him, I'm sure he will do great!!! Way COOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! MOST DEFINATLY AN A+ IN MY BOOK. PLEASE, DO TELL HIM WE R SO PROUD OF HIM...AND TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT IN REAL LIFE LATER IN THE FUTURE. HE'S GOT MY VOTE ALREADY.