Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The LION




This is Davids' lion. This lion has been through a lot! (Can you tell?) It is his favorite thing in the whole world! He has to have it, ALL THE TIME! The lion first came into his life when he was about 7 months old. My mother-in-law bought it for him and put it in his first Easter basket. He lost it one time, and we were out like a search party, late at night, with flashlights, looking for this thing! We couldn't find it, so we went home, (we were at my in-laws) and when we got home, he cried A LOT! He would say that he needed it and couldn't sleep without it. Even my husband wanted to cry. (He probably did, but I don't remember!) My husband would say, "that's his best friend!" Anyway, David finally fell asleep, and by this time, my husband and I are calling every Wal-Mart in the valley, but no one carried them any more. Early in the morning, before any one woke up, my husband went back to look for the lion. He drove around my in-laws neighborhood, and what do you know?! He spotted the lion! A dog had it! So, of course, my husband went to get the lion away from the dog, (my husband the hero!) He got home, and we washed, sanitized, and did everything that we could to save that lion. So when David woke up, and saw it, he was very happy! Ever since that incident, our mission was to find as many lions as we could. And we did, we found a lot of them! Most of the lions are from Louisiana, (because Melinda found most of them and bought them all), so now David has lots of lions. We will never go through that again! This picture is not of the original lion, the original is put away, smelly and dirty just the way he likes him. But during the lions' battle with the dog, the lion lost his nose. Since the original doesn't have a nose, neither does any of the others, David decided that he wanted them all to look the same, so he took the nose off of all of them! And by the way, I didn't take this picture for this post, David wanted his lion to look cool so he put the glasses on him, and wanted a picture taken of him, so this was taken awhile back! He loves his lion!

6 comments:

Sal said...

you mean the duck?

i thought juan had already blogged about this but maybe he told me the dog story one time and i am confusing it with a blog. i cant tell reality anymore.

so funny about the noses though. most kids wouldn't want an imitation of the original.

i once lost a small pillow that i had when i was a kid, it was my best friend. i had accidentally left it behind at a fruit stand on the way to Florida. had to double back! my mom still has it.

and you know what else? most parents would have also just let the duck be lost and not even worried about getting another.

DeeDee said...

@Sal, yeah the duck! Did you like Davids' Magnum picture?

juan said...

Is that magnum or bluesteel? That was one crazy night, stupid dog taking my babys'lion. We had a man, lion hunt we combed the desert j/k. My family in line walking across there 1/3 acre lot out in the country. Grass aboue 3 ft tall on each side noone owns them. Man it was crazy. Thank you Jesus is all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

@so ....what ever happen to the dog..did you put him to sleep.. for that horrible torture ur son went through... lol... im pretty sure that dog is officially out of the famliy.LOL
p.s.. love your pics mike is so cute and so is that duck.. i mean LION... get it straight SAL! hehehe!

Sal said...

@blue steel

great picture! future Male Model of America!

Liza Ruth said...

I love David's Blue Steel!!!@